We are often overwhelmed with the surrounding world and sometimes even forget to take a moment and pay attention to our own thoughts and feelings. Many people, in fact, find it hard to stop and reconnect with themselves in here and now. Mindfulness can help us enjoy life more, resolve mental hurdles and understand ourselves better. It is never too late to take the first steps to bring it into your own life.
1. Spend Time in Nature. A walk in a park or a weekend getaway in the countryside from a busy city is always a good idea to switch your mind off and appreciate the nature around us. Take a moment to tune in with your inner self and become aware of the thoughts and feelings. Enjoy the fresh air and especially the greenery that is so vibrant at this time of the year. You will immediately feel inspired and experience a recharge of your inner energy when you are out in the nature.
2. Take a Moment to Read. "Some people find it very difficult to practice mindfulness. As soon as they stop what they're doing, lots of thoughts and worries crowd in," says Professor Williams. When reading, you are giving yourself a chance to switch your mind to a story rather than focus on your concerns. Let your thoughts go and let your imagination fly.
3. How about an Art Session? At DAOTEY, we love art and it is integrated in the DNA of our brand. The founder of DAOTEY is fond of painting and sees it as a therapy and meditation. The goal of painting is to clear your mind off everything, except the paints, brushes and the object that you chose to depict. It is important to enjoy the process and not worry about the end result. Try to find a space where you can be by yourself. You may switch on calming music and enjoy the art session.
4. Remember to Meditate.Meditation and breathing significantly helps with developing awareness of your mind. It involves paying attention to thoughts, sounds, the sensations of breathing or parts of the body, bringing your attention back whenever the mind starts to wander. Practice yoga or a 5 minute meditation every day. Learn to observe personal thoughts and feelings that come into your mind when you are sitting silently.
5. Nurture Healthy Eating Habits. We are what we eat, therefore, cultivating mindfulness in eating helps us stay aware of thoughts and feelings. Support your health with fruits and vegetables and stay hydrated. Set yourself a goal to eat healthy for a week. It will help you practice mindfulness, as you will learn to observe changes in your mental wellbeing and physical health.
Follow DAOTEY on Instagram and let us know your favorite practice that helps you stay mindful.
Read more DAOTEY stories on our blog.